Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist with the day-to-day operational needs with the dispensing of prescription medication as required in meeting the needs and requirements of a long term care pharmacy, adheres to the company’s quality and customer service standards, policies and procedures, state and federal guidelines.
- Responsible for the filling of prescription orders.
- Responsible for filling bulk products, blister packs, putting away the order and staging deliveries.
- Perform expiration dating review of all medications on a scheduled basis or at each re stocking period and provide the pharmacist with a list of expired medications.
- Maintain all related compounding records, prescription logs, and any other related files as determined by the Pharmacy Technician Manager
- Remove and sort by work function the delivery bags or totes and equipment from return area inside pharmacy. Ensure proper dispensation of unreturned medication items for proper outlet.
- Perform technician assignments as requested by the pharmacy management.
- Maintain all pharmacy related equipment and equipment rental log.
- Performs prepackaging of medication.
- Performs functions necessary to prepare medications for delivery in area referred to as staging.
- Responsible for checking for overages, shortages, damaged materials and reporting discrepancies to the Pharmacy Technician Manager and/or Team Lead.
- Replaces emergency boxes as requested. Replaces medications in interim and emergency boxes. Checks all interim and emergency box medications for expiration date before sealing the box. Forwards all interim or emergency box requisitions for date entry.